Bill
Bill, Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician
50714430

Buick Rendezvous CX: 2007 buick rendezvous 133000 miles skips

Customer Question

2007 buick rendezvous 133000 miles skips when turning left from a stop sign. mechanic thought it might be abs sensor and replaced wheel bearing. after i drive it 30 minutes it started the skipping again
Category: Buick
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.
Are you getting any fault codes or error messages in your dash? I've seen this concern many times and it is often misdiagnosed as a wheel speed sensor or hub. Many times it is a break in the wiring harness to the wheel speed sensor. There is a bend in the harness just before it plugs into the wheel speed sensor. This bend is there so the harness can move as the front wheels are turned left to right. What happens is over time, the turning of the front wheels back and forth stresses these wires and they end up breaking or making very poor contact. This can cause an intermittent loss of signal and the traction control might engage thinking the wheel is locking up. Inspect the wiring harness 6 to 10 inches from where it plugs into the wheel speed sensor. You may have to remove the plastic conduit and cut the tape off of the harness. There will be two twisted wires in there. Usually we end up replacing the harness in that area. There is a pigtail repair kit available through GM. The wires MUST be soldered together.
Bill
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Did you need further assistance with this concern and have you checked the harness mentioned?