Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Buick Rainier CXL: 2004 Buick rainier cxl and passenger window

Customer Question

2004 Buick rainier cxl and passenger window intermittently will not operate. Is is it the electric motor or regulator?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.This can be either the Door Module, Switch, Window Motor, Regulator or combination.You need the remove the Door Panel.Inspect the Regulator for any wear or damageTest the "2" wires at the Window Motor for Voltage + & Ground -, as shown below:Use of a VOM is needed to testThe way it works:Ignition OnSwitch held in Up positionOne wire will have 12 Volts +One wire will have Ground - Switch held in Down positionThe wire that had 12 Volts + is now Ground -The wire that was Ground - is now 12 Volts + If Voltage or Ground checks good at motor, replace motor.If Voltage or Ground does not check good:Check Switch Voltage & Ground.Check for broken wires at Door / Kick Panel Boot .IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
hello?