Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Buick Lasabre: my 2000 Buick Lasabre 3.8 v-6 will start easy…

Customer Question
my 2000 Buick Lasabre 3.8...
my 2000 Buick Lasabre 3.8 v-6 will start easy but dies and will not accelerate. No one can find what the problem is. We have eleminated the Idle stop solonoid and bad gas. We need help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
6/18/2015
Buick Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if the security light is on when cranking the engine? Did the car just die one day or did it just refuse to start all of a sudden?
I drove up to the doctor office and when I came out of the doctor office it would start but would not stay running. It starts easy but simply will not stay running even in neutral.
What does the security light do that would effect the way this car runs. I am not sure if the security light is on when trying to crank but will go find out.
The security light is not on when cranking
If the security light was on then that would mean that the security system is shutting down the fuel system. If it is not then this is not the issue. It sounds like you either have low fuel pressure or a crank sensor that is failing. Do you happen to have a fuel pressure gauge and a voltage meter to run some tests?
What is a crank sensor? Where is the crank l sensor located?The fuel pressure is good.
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician