Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick Century Limited: My daughter has an 1998 buick century…

Customer Question
My daughter has an 1998...
My daughter has an 1998 buick century limited where the right fron signal light does not turn on nor does light on dash. I have replace all the bulbs and now flasher unit. Now back right flashes normally not rapid flash however front still does not work nor dash light.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Buick
6/13/2015
Buick Mechanic: Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
check the bulb on the dash to be sure it is good. I would also check for power to the right front socket to eliminate the socket failing. if both are good, then it sounds like there is no signal from the turn signal switch
Roy

Hi Roy,

Sorry been crazy busy trying to figure out daughters light issue. The bulb is fine in dash, we already had checked that as well as power to the socket. If the turn signal arm was the issue than the back light would not flash correctly would it? It currently after replacing switch works now only right front isn't working back works fine now.

I have had a mechanic test for ground issues, socket failure, power issues, frayed lines, and still no resolve. He originally thought maybe issue was with left front assembly as when he took both right and left assembly's out to troubleshoot wiring, the right front signal started working when he set front left on front bumper. He than proceeded to test wiring as once he moved left assembly again, the right stopped working again....aggggg.

After about 30 minutes he had to leave as he tested all leads and found nothing consistent or reason why front right signal bulb was not working. Strange thing is before we took out assemblies, the right bulb stayed on all the time and once we took them out now it is intermitant whether it is on or off, however regardless never flashes now. He checked all fuses inside as well and found nothing and wanted to check wiring diagram for 98 century limited to get better idea and ensure he never missed testing anything.

I think at this point I will have to have them come back out as there is a gremlin I can not find and doubtful we can troubleshoot this over messaging.

I would look at wiring from the socket back. look for frayed or broken wires.

how was the connector at the switch. common for overheating and causing issue??

Roy