Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I need to replace the engine in a 2005 Buick Terraza Van I'm

Customer Question
I need to replace the...
I need to replace the engine in a 2005 Buick Terraza Van I'm in Central Wis & it would need to be delivered The head gasket is blown on existing engine & it has 265k miles on it so repair is not an option The body & interior are still serviceable & the
trans only has 100k on it So I don't want info on repairing the existing engine as it would be a waste of $$$
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
6/11/2015
Buick Mechanic: Gary, Buick Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
My name is Gary
I am sorry for the long wait
so what do you need information on for this vehicle ?
is this AWD or FWD ?
Its an awd that was modified and is now a FWD (when the transmission was replaced it would have been fr more expensive to hook up AWD)
so what is your question ? how to change the engine ?
or is this vehicle worth replacing the engine in ?
I NEED TO FIND A REPLACEMENT ENGINE
The body & interior are still fair & the transmission is good so we figure it will be cheaper to replace the engine that find a suitable replacement
I have a local repair shop that can do the work but am trying to find the engine
Thus far this year your service found parte for a furnace that I was told couldn't be found & parts for a boat engine that were equally hard to find
all told I saved $4500 by checking with your service
have you shopped around online like Jaspertransmissions.com or any place like that for a rebuilt engine ?
or are you looking for a used engine to swap out in this vehicle ?
if looking for used a few phone calls to a local junk / salvage yard for soem prices and availability is the best bet for a used one
or even shopping used engines online which most will deliver to you
Do you have suggestions/contact phone # ***** I can use to locate an engine?
By the way how do I inquire about that (What size or model number is ***** with this engine?)
To say we are in the middle of nowhere here would not be an exaggeration so any help will be appreciated
this is a 3.5 engine
the 8th digit of your VIN number should be an 8
this place is one of the best for engines
cut and paste this link and call them
http://www.jasperengines.com/contact.php
or for used call these people
1(###) ###-####
http://www.theautochannel.com/autoparts/used-enginespartsbuick/terrazaitems.html
I just checked the VIN here it is 5GADX33L55D301434
Theres another number in the door 2650K6(5842LB) But I suspect that's about tires
call both places and see if they stock any engines for this vehicle
Gary
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician