Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My Buick enclave 2009 sunroof is stuck open! A storm is coming…

Customer Question
My Buick enclave 2009 sunroof...
My Buick enclave 2009 sunroof is stuck open! A storm is coming and I have no garage! Help! It's a Sunday and I can't take to dealership!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Buick
6/8/2015
Buick Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 3 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. I am sorry that nobody got to you sooner. Did you still need help with this?
Yes!
Thanks for responding. Will the sunroof react or move in any direction? Did it stop working all of a sudden?
It will not do anything. It's been malfunctioning the past few days not wanting to open. But once it would open, it would close with no problem. but today it opened- and won't clise.
Start by checking the s/roof fuse in the fuse box under the hood. If it is fine then the motor might be failing. I would try pulling on the sunroof when you pressure the button. What typically happens it that the motor either binds or there is a power failure from the switch or fuse. If the fuse is fine then you will need a voltage meter to run some tests.
It's very late here now- I have just taped a garbage bag on it. I will try to take it to a dealer in the morning
I am sorry that we could not tackle this earlier. I tried to get to the question as soon as I saw it. If you need further help with it in the morning or if you have questions about what the dealer says please let me know. Have a good rest of your night.