FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Buick Lasabre: why did my remote care unlock, power windows

Customer Question

why did my remote care unlock, power windows and mirrors suddenly stop working? we have checked fuses and relays.
2000 Buick Lasabre limited
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Did these all stop working at the same time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Do the locks still work fine with the door switch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can unlock the door with the key from the outside on both driver and passenger sides. Then I can manually unlock back seat doors. The automatic inside door lock/unlock does not work either now.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Most of the time this is caused by the master switch assembly on the driver door. This will short internally and cause this to occur. It can also be the result of a failing body module or a wiring harness issue entering the door. If you have a voltage meter you can test these circuits. If you plan on doing this let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like we need to take it to a mechanic. My husband and I are seniors and don't have tools.
It is 10 pm here in Hawaii and we will have to see what we can try in the morning. I will get back to you.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Please do. Let me know if I can be of further assistance then. Have a great rest of your night.