Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick LaCrosse CXL: how to repair center console sliding door…

Customer Question
how to repair center console...
how to repair center console sliding door on buick 2010 lacrosse
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Buick
5/30/2015
Buick Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
The link below shows removing the rear cover and the arm rest assembly, I added the whole console so you can see the relationship.
Copy and paste the link into a new browser tab and let me know what I can do to help you with this
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26725849/rest.pdf
Thank you
the link provided doesnt work
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm sorry please allow me to repost the link
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26725849/console.pdf
Let me know if that works better and if you have further questions
Thank you
ill get this error msg:Firefox can't find the server at dl.dropboxusercontent..
You copy and paste the entire link I posted above?
yes. staring with https and ending with the 3 or 4 periods
I was able to get to it yesterday by dropping the ending periods
There are no periods after the link
Let me post the link and try to make it active for you. Please don't refresh your screen.
Sorry I can't make it active, can you try a different browser?
the new link works wwhich ends with pdf, but now that message from you has disappeared from this conversation
It is up a few panes, once you get it open on your machine save it so you have a local copy.
Let me know if that works
Thank you
my lacrosse is a 2010. not sure these pictures are correct. for example you show screws on the side of the console. I dont have any screws there. also you show screws holding the cup holder. I have none.
The diagram is for a 2010 LaCrosse. There is a screw at the rear of the box under a cover and there is another halfway up under the side covers but you only need to remove the rear cover as shown and take the lid off as shown.
Please let me know if what is shown for those two procedures matches what you are seeing
Thank you
the screws that I'm unable to see are the 2 in front of the cupholder (numbered 1) shown on page 2.
and on page 5 screw numbered 2 on the side of the console, foreward of the rear cover.
my lacrosse is very early 2010. maybe the console has been changed.
have we lost communications?
There are no screws to remove here, you only pry off the rear and remove the bolts on the brace for the sliding lid.
If you are unsure of the year maybe post the VIN?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6b5no6br02se4m/2009.pdf?dl=0
Try that link and see if that console looks more like yours
Let me know so I can help
Thank you