Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How to unlock the radio

Customer Question
How to unlock the radio
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2015
Buick Mechanic: Gary, Buick Technician replied 3 years ago
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
My name is Gary
I am sorry for the long wait
if you follow this here can you give me the 6 digit number ?
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display “LOC”)
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
I have the six digits
what are they ?
Hey gary
892904
the unlock code is 0261
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code 0261
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to “SEC”. Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable
The code is 892904
the unlock code is 0261
So if the code is 0261 I can't put that in the format I only have 3 digit option 000 so how should I put all 4 in one time
put in 261 and see if it unlocks
Thank you so much It did
great
dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer !