FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Working on 05 buick rendevous doesnt matter how hard you step

Customer Question

working on 05 buick rendevous doesnt matter how hard you step on the gas it slowly gains speed feels like loss of power. once up to speed but take forever to get there. also no codes?
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. There are a lot of possible causes of this but the most common is either a clogged catalytic converter or a sensor reading incorrectly such as the MAF sensor. In some cases you can get a sensor reading that will cause this but not be far enough out to cause the light to come on. I would suspect the converter though. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the converter has been taken off and checked. It is fine. My cousin told me today that this all started after they had a radiator installed. I have racked my brain look at this thing and i am stumped. the maf was tried already. i thought i was on to something today when i drove it. throttle position sensor. but after looking at the readings was my scan tool the senor is fine. by the way my name is ***** ***** i am asst. manger of monro muffler. Thanks and if you have any other ideas let me know

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
When you are driving it can you tell me what the fuel trim readings are.