Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. certified
20625509

Buick Regal: My driver side rear tail lights & turn signal

Customer Question

My driver side rear tail lights & turn signal lights are out. I replaced the turn signal light yesterday and it did not work. Could it be a blown fuse. If so, where would I find the fuse. The Owners manual does not say.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
No, it cannot be a fuse because a fuse works both sides.
It could be either the bcm the wiring or most likely a bad/loose ground. What I would do is hook up a voltmeter or 12 volt test light to a good metal ground, then remove the bulb/s in question and with the key on/engine off and turn signal on left and lightswitch on at least parking lamps, check for voltage in the bulb/s socket. If you get voltage/s follow the ground wire (black) to the metal spot, disconnect it, using a wire brush or sandpaper, clean the metal, attach the ground wire, tigthen and test again.
If it's not the ground wire, then you will have to test again at the 2 wires leaving the bcm. Let me know and I'll look up the wiring diagrams but I will need to know if this is HID or not.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
Actually here are the pinouts.
Without HID, pin 1 blue/white wire at connector x5 of the bcm for (Turn), pin 6 violet/gray wire at connector x4 of the bcm for (park).
With HID pin 1 blue/white wire at connector x4 of the bcm for (Turn), pin 6 violet/gray wire at connector x4 of the bcm for (park).
It's the same basically except without HID they go to 2 connectors and with just the one connector.