Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick Rainier CXL: Can you replace the air shocks on a 2004

Customer Question

Can you replace the air shocks on a 2004 Buick Rainier with conventional shocks if the air shocks have a leak or the compressor is bad.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you can replace the air shocks with conventional shocks can you recommend the correct parts.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Buick problem.
The rear air spring system in the Rainier can be problematic. There are several solutions to the problem, but the least expensive is to replace the air springs with conventional springs. Arnott Industries is a leading company offering conversion kits. For about $300 plus labor you can convert the Rainier to conventional springs. Copy and paste the link below for these parts.
https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_BUICK_yid10_pid121.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to the link but several different parts are listed. Please list the exact part numbers for the conventional springs I need to buy.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
The actual part you need is the Arnott C-2137. Link below contains just the needed parts. Rainier Conventional Springs