Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Buick: 2006 buick rainier when outside temp reaches 80 degrees

Customer Question

2006 buick rainier when outside temp reaches 80 degrees climate control blows warm air when temp dips below 80 degreescold air returns
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi
If you have auto climate control then its likely to be a incorrect reading temp sensor for the HVAC system. Are you able to do some electrical diag with help and have you ever worked on AC?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are 4 different sensors. Which one would cause the problem? There is one in the pillar of the 2 doors and ac pressure one and air duct sensors
Without doing any diag, the most likely sensor is the high side pressure sensor, near the compressor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where about is it located? I saw a power plug to the condenser
It is mounted in the high pressure line near the compressor between the compressor and condenser.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't see it. What is the high pressure side the in the front or the rear of the compartment
All lines connected to the condenser are under high pressure. The evaporator side is low pressure.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/06rainerpressure.png
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you get it through the wheel well or do you have to take something apart to get to it
I access it from under the vehicle, the same way I would access the compressor.