Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Buick Park Avenue: I have a*****which developed

Customer Question
I have a*****which developed intermittent...
I have a*****which developed intermittent climate control during the winter. I just bought a 2001 Ultra which manifests the same symptoms. the system is non-functional although it displays readings - it just does not respond. Then after a while it may suddenly kick on. I pulled the 2005 unit and disassembled it enough to know that it is not the same as the ones displayed in a Riviera from this time period: the CB does not have the resistors which are said to get hot and become intermittent. I have ordered a used 2003 control unit from EBay that is supposed to be functional. Any direction?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
5/3/2015
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Hi If the control is getting power and ground with the key on, then this does in fact only leave the control to blame, - - It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician