Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2000 Buick Lesabre with electrical problems: battery drains in 13-24 hours.

Customer Question

Submitted: 4 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Since initial contact my son checked the ribbon wiring for the radio and it leaks .3 on the 2 far right (passenger side) lower pins. Also the wiring ribbon going toward passenger side has a short that responds to movement like highway bumps. This is consistant with how the radio was acting before the battery drain.
It seems I haven't gotten any help yet. I don't know what information you need to tell me where and how to look next.

With the radio fuses removed what is the milliamp draw on the battery?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will have to get that in the morning when it's light and not raining hard
Thanks