Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Buick Rendezvous: How to remove and replace alternator on 2005

How to remove and replace...
How to remove and replace alternator on 2005 Buick Rendezvous?
12/15/2012
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic

The Engine needs to be "rotated forward" to gain access

>>>> CLICK HERE

REMOVE ALTERNATOR >>> CLICK HERE

If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............

--RATING REQUIRED! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic

Would it be helpful to remove the wiper motor, windshield washer reservoir and the fuse box?

Relist: Other.
Mo Lurch was offline and I never received answer to my second question.
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

new expert here did you still need help ?

Our second question was "would it be helpful to remove the wiper motor, windshield washer reservoir and fusebox in addition to what Mo told us to do?

just removing the plastic wiper black piece is all you need to remove as once the alternator is loose and moved a side then the power steering pump has to be removed and lifted up and moved to the side then there will be enough room to get it out

the problem with removing the wiper linkage is that wiper system is timed and when you remove the linkage it will put it out of timing and the wipers will hit each other.it is best to not unhook and wiper linkage

Do Not Understand Plastic Wiper Black Piece

with the hood open there is a rubber strip that goes along the back of the firewall remove that and pop up the plastic piece

looking at this picture there should be a plastic air inlet piece that snaps onto the cowlgraphic lip that you pulled the rubber strip off and that plastic will just pop up by hand

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic