Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

1998 Buick: my turn signal..) started acting weird..blink..few seconds

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Buick Park Ave. & just yesterday my turn signal (left) started acting weird. It used to blink normally, then stay on for a few seconds then turn off as usual when making a turn. Now it doesnt blink at all, stays on continuosly, even after the car is shut off, causing my battery to drain. I tried pulling the Left turn signal fuse..tht didnt work...I ended up pulling the main fuse for both turn signals...tht worked to get the turn signal to go off...but now Im driving signal-less which is really not safe & can be expensive if the police catches me changing lanes w/o signaling...can somebody help me solve this problem..or tell me what 2 do 2 get it fixed..before this prolem becomes BIGGER than what its worth?!?
Category: Buick
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am here to help you honestly and with the utmost integrity.I may ask you questions back to minimize bad information. We need to check process. When you pushed the turn signal down was there any resistance?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No...turn signal pushes down as it would on a new car...
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

which fuse did you take out the main one in the IP

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there were actually a few fuses I pulled..the first 1 was a 10A mini fuse located in the #3 fuse slot under the hood..the second 1 was a 20A mini fuse located in the #25 slot that I pulled..then lastly I pulled the fuse marked LP PK L from underneath the glove box. the only one tht actually worked when I pulled it was the one in the #25 slot underneath the hood.