Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Service Stability System & ABS light on __ exp54 come in the

Customer Question
dash. Buick park avenue ultra 2003...
Service Stability System & ABS light on __ exp54 come in the dash.
Buick park avenue ultra 2003
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Buick
5/20/2012
Buick Mechanic: Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
This is most likely an ABS problem and more than likely a speed sensor problem but to be sure the codes need to be read to help determine what speed sensor is causing the problem.
I know its a abs problem, the light in the dash is on and the message read stability problem exp54

What I was meaning to say is that both of the lights are related to the ABS problem and the EXP codes are not used here in the US they are for import purposes. I may be able to look it up and see if that code is related to this issue but it will take a few minutes.

I can not find any info on the EXP 54 code I did find some info on a EXP 154 code having to do with the door ajar. So in any case it still would be best to get the ABS codes read to help determine the ABS issue.

Daryl
Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic