rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Buick LeSabre Limited: 2000 Buick Lesabre will not idle correctly

Customer Question

2000 Buick Lesabre will not idle correctly when the engine gets warm. The engine starts to die and then it’s like the computer senses this and then rev’s the engine, and the idle goes down to there the car almost dies and then the car revs again. Then the car eventually dies and cannot be restarted unless you rev the engine yourself. I have replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor, fuel filter, throttle position sensor, idle air control valve, and the coolant temperature sensor. I am at wits end to determine what the problem is. No codes are being sent from the computer (no check engine light).
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Sorry you're having car problems, I will do my best to research this and supply you with an accurate answer ASAP. Ok, let's retrain the idle motor to see if that fixes it. Disconnect the battery cables for 20 minutes and touch the 2 cable ends together for 10 seconds. Now re-connect the cables and start and drive immediately. Drive for about 20 minutes with a lot of stop and go. Hope this helps you. Thanks, Ron