Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

2007 buick: Heater blows warm, not hot air

Customer Question
2007 buick lacrosse. Heater blows...
2007 buick lacrosse. Heater blows warm, not hot air. What is the problem?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2011
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 6 years ago
Pete, Buick Technician
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

I just need a little more info to assist better.

Does your vehicle have a coolant temperature gage or display and if it does what temperature is it reaching when the vehicle is warmed up?

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!
Yes it has a gage. It runs a little above the quarter mark.
O.k.

This sounds like a weak or stuck open thermostat causing this.Usually the temp gage should run around the halfway mark when fully warmed up when operating properly.

With it only at the 1/4 mark the engine isn't fully heating up properly and this causes warm air out of the heater and not the normal hot air you would normally receive.

This should be double checked by a shop or dealer to make sure but from what you have described this does sound like the thermostat is at fault causing this issue here and needs replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Happy Holidays!
How big a job is it to put in a new thermostat?
Do you have the 3.6 or 3.8 liter engine?
3.8
This is a fairly easy repair,the thermostat is located under your upper radiator hose housing where the upper hose connects on the engine.

You would drain the coolant by removing a drain plug from the radiator (if equipped) or removing the lower radiator hose,then remove the two bolts that hold the thermostat housing to the engine and remove the housing by lifting it off the engine.

Then the thermostat can be accessed and replaced.

Usually about $30 for parts and about 1 hours labor.

Happy Holidays!
Pete, Buick Technician
Pete, Buick Technician