Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited: exterior..Fuses..good, bulbs..brake light

Customer Question
I have a 2000 Buick...
I have a 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited, that I absolutely LOVE... right now she has issues with her rear exterior lighting system. Fuses checked and good, bulbs good, even changed them just incase I missed something. Still no rear lights, or brake light. Right turn signal works, Idiot light works, left side all work. Now what? Thank you!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Buick
12/18/2011
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 6 years ago
Pete, Buick Technician
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

I apologize for the delay.

I just need a little more info to assist better,

Do any rear lights work at all?(brake,turn signal,tail lights,brake lamps) and are all of these not working on both sides in the rear?

Do all of your front lights operate normally?

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!

All lights on rear of left (drivers) side works fine... (passenger side) right side I am having issues with. The marker light out on right front. No tail lights, but brake lights work when I step on brake pedal. Both front and rear turn signals work when activated. Otherwise does not light up like the left side. Back up lights work. Like I said, all issues are on the right rear of the car. All front lights (other than side marker light on right front) work normally.

Have any wiring connections or grounds been checked at all?

Was anything done to this vehicle before this problem happened?
All connections / grounds seem to be in order. Nothing has been done to car. Sits in garage most of the time. Is driven average of 20 miles per week..
O.k.

My info isn't all there for me on this vehicle with the diagrams as I thought it was.I will have to opt out and put this question back on the list to see if any other experts can assist better.If they can they should be with you shortly.Don't respond to my last post here as it will keep the question locked to me.

Thanks Pete!
Buick Mechanic: Canadafix, Canadian Class A replied 6 years ago
Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class A
Hello.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your lighting.

The tail lamps on the right rear are fused in the fuse box in the rear fuse block.
Have you checked the fuse for power with the lights on?

This fuse block is under the rear seat.

Thank you.
Bernie
If you need the fuse box diagram, let me know and I will see if I can find you one.
It should list them in your manual.
Thank you. I know where fuse box is... under rear seat along with the battery. :( My boys are here checking it out now. Is blowing fuse..for right rear lights. Oldest says that there is no power coming through on brown wire... looks like it get to take it to my mechanic. another :(
Hello.
If this diagram helps you, here it is.
graphic
Unusual wiring setup. Notice that the brown/white goes to the right front marker.
I wonder if the short is somewhere to that one.
Did you check the socket and bulb there?

To isolate the short, disconnect, or cut, the wire to the front at the rear fuse box on the A3 terminal.
If the short goes away, it is the front circuit at fault.
If not, check out the rear section of the circuit.
Thank you.
Bernie.
Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class A
Canadafix
Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class A