Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

2002 Buick LeSabre: wipers..key..Multifunction switch..persists

2002 Buick LeSabre wipers operate when key is switched on. Multifunction switch replaced problem persists. Switch operational in all modes including wiper functions, except off of course.
Submitted: 5 years ago via AllDataDIY.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

On this vehicle it is usually the wiper control module or circuit board or a possible mechanical fault in the park system on the wiper motor that causes this fault here.The wiper module or motor may be damaged internally and causes the wipers to continually run as the park position isn't achieved.

On this vehicle the motor and wiper module are all one piece and is located under the hood on the drivers side under the plastic windshield cowling.

These are common to fail on this vehicle as I have seen before and cause this problem.In some cases it can be the multi function switch sending the wrong signal but this has been replaced already and the fault isn't resolved so this leaves the wiper motor/module assembly at fault and needs replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!