Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

How do I remove the center armrest, front bench seat, 2005 lesabre

3/18/2011
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

Armrest Replacement - Front Seat Storage

Removal Procedure

graphic

1. Raise the seat to the full up position.
  2. Remove the rear air deflector.
  3. Remove the fasteners that retain the armrest to the seat frame.
Installation Procedure

graphic

1. Install the armrest to the seat frame.
  2. Install the fasteners that retain the armrest to the front seat frame.
  3. Install the rear air deflector.

Seat Replacement - Split Bench

Removal Procedure

Caution: Refer to Restraint System Service Precautions in Service Precautions.

1. Disable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling Zone 7 and to SIR Disabling and Enabling Zone 9 in Restraint Systems.

1. Move the front seat to the full rearward position. If the vehicle is equipped with a six-way power seat, move the seat to the full rearward and up position in order to gain access to the adjuster-to-floor pan attaching fasteners.
  2. Remove the front seat fastener trim covers.

1. Remove the forward front seat fasteners.

1. Move the seat to the full forward position.
  2. Remove the rearward front seat fasteners.

1. Disconnect the electrical connector on the six-way power seat.
  2. Remove the center belt on the AM6 drivers seat.
  3. Remove the front seat from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

1. Position the front seat in the vehicle.
  2. Install the center seat belt on the AM6 drivers seat.
  3. Connect the electrical connector on the six-way power seat.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

1. Install the rearward front seat fasteners.

Tighten the fasteners to 30 N.m (22 lb ft).

1. Place the seat to the full rearward position.
  2. Install the forward front seat fasteners.

1. Install the front seat fastener trim covers.
  2. Return the front seat to its original position.
  3. Enable the SIR system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling Zone 7 and SIR Disabling and Enabling Zone 9 in Restraint Systems.

What type of driver is necessary to remove the bolts?
If I remember right they should be a T-30 torx
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Jerry, Master Mechanic