Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How to replace power steering pump on a Buick LaCrosse CX?

I'm pretty sure new pumps come with the pulleys if not the part stores have a pulley remover you can barrow to make the swap. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Read full interaction below »

Question

How to replace power steering pump assembly on a 2005 Buick LaCrosse? Can I get the replacement with the pulley installed and ready to replace the old assembly?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dan, When I pick up the replacement unit, I'll be better able to complete our transaction. I'm a little concerned about removing the pulley before I can get to the assembly bolts, and then installing the pulley after installing the new unit on the engine, without doing any damge to the pump (have no portable press).
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Most parts stores have a pulley remover you can barrow which makees it really simple. Let me know if you run into questions, you can reply at anytime. Thanks.