17 years GM tech
17 years GM tech, GM Master tech
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, 15 years with Saturn
26401883

2000 Buick Century: odometer..light started..the interior light

My 2000 Buick Century gear indicator/odometer light started fading yesterday and now it is completely out. I turned the interior light knob all the way up but no light. All the other lights on the dash cluster are just fine. Could it be a bulb or is it something more involved???
Hello and thank you for your post. I am a master certified GM tech and can help you to resolve your issue. the backlight for the odometer is usually replaceable. Remove the cluster and the bulb will be installed from behind the cluster a turn to lock type of bulb. Hope this helps. Good luck
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you. i wasn't sure what you meant where you say: "from behind the cluster a turn ---what does cluster a turn mean? Do you mean it's a lock tyfpe of bulb that requires a turn?

Thank you.

If you need to email me: [email protected]

not sure if this website will allow answer after I send you this.

hello, I can't email you but the deal is this...with the instrument cluster removed, look at the back of the cluster and there are small plastic turn-to-lock light sockets. They turn about 1/4 turn to lock in place. The light bulb comes with a new socket so it is one small piece. available at the dealer.