Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

i have a 2010 buick lacrosse, my question is how do you remove

Customer Question
the headlight assembly on a...
i have a 2010 buick lacrosse, my question is how do you remove the headlight assembly on a 2010 lacrosse and is the hid assembly plug and play ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Buick
8/14/2010
Buick Mechanic: John, Buick Master Technician replied 7 years ago
John, Buick Master Technician

Hello & Welcome to JA,

Here is information that should help you.The HID is not plug & play.

The front bumper fascia must be removed.

Front Bumper Fascia Replacement
Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: MF
Click here for detailed picture of above image.

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedures

1. Remove the front compartment sight shield. Raise and support the vehicle.

1

Front Bumper Fascia Push-In Retainer (Qty: 4)

2

Front Fender Liner Screw (Qty: 10)

Tighten
3 N·m (27 lb in)

3

Front Fascia to Fender Bolt (Qty: 2)

Tighten
3 N·m (27 lb in)

4

Front Fender Liner to Fender Screw (Qty: 6)

Tighten
3 N·m (27 lb in)

5

Front Fascia Bolt (Qty: 2)

Tighten
3 N·m (27 lb in)

6

Front Bumper Fascia Screw (Qty: 4)

Tighten
3 N·m (27 lb in)

7

Front Bumper Fascia Fender Bracket

Procedure

Carefully push a small nylon wedge between the fascia and the bracket. Insert a small flat-bladed tool into the fascia slot and depress the snaps one at a time and pull on the fascia at the same time to gradually remove the fascia from the bracket.

8

Front Bumper Fascia Headlamp Bracket

Procedure

9

Front Bumper Fascia

Procedure

1. Disconnect the electrical connectors.
  2. Transfer parts as needed.
  3. Ensure the slot in the bottom center of the fascia engages with the molded in stud in the bottom of the front lower impact bar.

Headlamp Replacement
Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: MF

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedure

Remove the front bumper fascia.

1

Headlamp Screw (Qty: 4)

Tighten
2.5 N·m (22 lb in)

2

Headlamp Assembly (W/Front Side Marker and Park and Turn Signal Lamp)

Procedure

1. Pull the headlamp assembly forward in order to access and disconnect the forward lamp harness electrical connector from the headlamp jumper harness connector.
  2. Remove the headlamp bulb accessory covers.
  3. Transfer the headlamp bulbs as needed.
  4. Aim the headlamps after the headlamps have been re-installed.
so after i remove the old 1 the connection for the new factory hid assembly does not plug into the housing
Yes, it plugs into the new unit just as the old one did.Transfer parts as needed.
1 other question in the fuse panel under the hood their is a set of fuse for the halogen headlights and fuse for the hid headlights do i now remove the halogen fuse's and add fuse's to the hid headlight fuse comparment, thanks once again. CD
Yes, if you are altering the system.
John, Buick Master Technician
yo John I've wasted 400 bucks on buying a set of hid lights for my 2010 lacrosse the harness on the car & the harness on the assembly are totally different, I went to Buick & they said in order my factory hid assembly to work I must purchase the harness for the hid assembly for 225. dam, dam, dam, do you have any suggestion ? thanks by the way your instruction were very informative, I had the bumper off in 15 min. thanks CD
The only thing I can say is call the company in which you purchased the HID stuff from & ask to get a refund on merchandise.
no returns, so buying the new harness would not solve my problem ? thanks once again. cd
Sorry about that ,you are very welcome.Have a good evening.
so would buying the new harness solve the problem isl my question ?
You will need to purchase the connectors necessary for the HID from GM.
Ok Master tec here's a question for you I have been gien 2 numbers (1) part number is XXXXX from the dealer parts department, the (2)nd part number 20925845 that number came from the gm parts flow center, ( I gave them a vin number from a 2010 buick lacrosse with HID. What you think John, & once again thanks. cd
Well, without examining the part, the vehicle part is needed for, & latest update of part #s,i do not know.i have run into situations where part applications charts are incorrect& this takes a human to get the part & see if it is actually the correct part & submit a parts application change.
John, Buick Master Technician