Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

97 buick century: window switch..the front driver side window I

Customer Question

I got a new window switch for my 97 buick century and my windows still won't work. when i press the button for the front driver side window I hear a bussing sound? can you help?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
It sounds like the motor is likely burned up. You will need to remove the door panel and use a voltmeter to verify the motor has good power/ground and if so you will need to verify the window assembly isnt jammed and replace the motor. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.