Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

1999 Buick: the light bulbs for the license plate

OK - stupid woman question....
OK - stupid woman question.. 1999 Buick Century

How do I change the light bulbs for the license plate? Do I have to remove the "applique" just for those? I swear it isn't in the manual!!! OR since both are out, is it a fuse? What other things are they on circuit with? (Jeez am I stupid or what??)
5/23/2010
MPMoore
MPMoore, ASE MASTER W/L1 GM WORLD CLASS TECH
Most likely the bulbs are bad. These bulbs run on the same circuit as all of the parking lamps, of if they are coming on then the license plate lights should also be on. You do have to remove the rear applique to replace the bulbs, should not be too hard.

Rear Compartment Lid Applique Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Open the rear compartment lid.

2. Object Number: 324467  Size: SH

1. Disconnect the rear compartment lid applique harness.
  2. Remove the wing nuts from the studs on the rear compartment lid applique.
  3. Remove the rubber grommet where the harness passes through the rear compartment lid.
  4. Remove the rear compartment lid applique from the rear compartment lid.
  5. Remove the harness and the connector from the rear compartment lid.
  6. Remove the sockets from the rear compartment lid applique.
  7. Rotate the license lamp socket(s) counterclockwise to release from the license lamp(s) on the rear compartment lid applique.
  8. Remove the bulb(s) from the socket(s).

MPMoore

OH gggeeezzzzz I wa afraid you were going to say that!!!! Ok, I'll go find pliers !!

Thank you !!!!

I DID IT !!! And they work !!! The hardest part was getting those damn wingnuts off.

Thanks again!!!

Good for you, now your next project is the rebuild the engine!
MPMoore
MPMoore