Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

1994 buick roadmaster: My oil pressure guage..fluctuating..between 30

My oil pressure guage starting...
My oil pressure guage starting fluctuating between 30 and pass 60 in a 1994 buick roadmaster. What could be the problem?
1/11/2010
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
HelloCustomer does the gauge move quick from one side to the other?
yes it moves quickly. while idling it is on 30 and when I get to the speed of 70 the needle goes past 60 and lay flat until I slow down. the needle never go below 30.
If the gauge is fluctuating that much then it is more than likely the pressure sensor. It is common for this to fail internally and cause the gauge to fluctuate.
Ok, so do you recommend I change the sensor first? If still fluctuating, which route should I go?
Yes, start by changing the sensor. It is on the back of the engine as shown. If the problem persists then you may have an oil pump issue.

graphic
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
ok thank you so much.
No problem. Let me know if you need more help.
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician