Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

1996 BUick Lesabre: starter..it is located behind some sort of plate

Customer Question
Where is the starter on...
Where is the starter on a 1996 BUick Lesabre located? My husand was told it is located behind some sort of plate but he cant seem to locate the plate they were talking about.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Buick
12/28/2009
Buick Mechanic: Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic

The starter is located on the front side of the engine directly opposite of the AC compressor. Pic below,

graphic

Edited by zzdaryl on 12/28/2009 at 2:00 AM EST
Is the starter under the engine cover?
It is on the bottom side of the engine you probably will not be able to see it from the top,
Sorry I have a lot on my plate today that is why the delay in replying. If my husband is able to locate the starter as soon as he can get the time to do so I will gladly hit the accept button and pay you. I just want to make sure he is able to locate it from your feedback. It was too late to be able to use the info you gave me right now. so please when he can follow up on your answer we will then be able to let you know and gladly pay you what you have earned.
Ok, just let me know if you need more help.
Is there some sort of plate covering the starter? My husband says you are not able to see it when you are underneath the car. He doesnt want to start removing unneccessary parts if he doesnt need to. Please let us know the precise area or if there is some sort of cover over the starterand what the cover or plate looks like..

There really is not a plate covering the starter, it is behind the subframe but that does not need to be removed to take the starter off, as you can see in the pic it is right next to the transmission and behind the subframe. Pic below,

graphic

My husband says hes been under the car and he still cant see the starter. Is there an easier way to see it or access it/
Does he have the new starter ?
Yes, for about three weeks now.
Does he know where the AC compressor is?
He says you havent tol him something he doesnt already know and yes he knows where the ir compreessor is. He just cant see the starter when looking under the car. Thanks for what info youve given but it hasnt helped too much. I am paying you for your time now.
If you know where the AC compressor is the starter is right behind it closer to the transmission, they are just about in line with each other.
Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Daryl
Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic