Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

2000 Buick LeSabre: door reference/diagram..My power window

Customer Question
I am trying to find...
I am trying to find a door reference/diagram for my car, a 2000 Buick LeSabre. My power window is not working and I wanted to replace the motor and any other component that could have failed. How can I get it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Buick
8/22/2009
Buick Mechanic: Billy, Buick Technician replied 8 years ago
Billy
Billy, Buick Technician
Hello and welcoem to just answer,

I will send you the dooe panel removal information as well as the wiring diagram for the power window system.
There are two different door panels available for your vehicle (depending on the production date) so I will attach both. I will be away from the computer for a while, however if you need more information I will be checking back later today.

Front Side Door Trim Panel Replacement (early-before VIN YU314737, Y4272437)

Removal Procedure

Tools Required

J 36796 Clip Zip Tool
J 38778 Door Trim Pad and Garnish Clip Remover

Object Number: 441757  Size: SH

1. Remove the inside door handle bezel.
  2. Remove the upper door trim panel (1).
  3. 2.1. Use the J 38778 in order to release the push in retainer at the top of the upper door trim panel (1).
    2.2. Lift upwards in order to remove.
    2.3. Disconnect the wire harness to the tweeter.

Object Number: 441755  Size: SH

4. Remove the door lamp or reflector.
  5. Remove the fastener located at the rear of the door lamp or reflector opening.
  6. Use the J 36796 or the J 38778 in order to release the retainers (2) around the outside edges of the door trim panel.

7. Object Number: 501585  Size: SH

8. Use theJ 38778 in order to disengage the male portion of the two piece fasteners from the cages on the door trim panel.
  9. 6.1. Push each fastener in the direction of the arrows.
    6.2. Allow the fasteners to fall into the inside of the door trim panel.
  10. Slide the door trim panel upwards approximately 30.0 mm (1.17 in) in order to release the door trim panel from the retainers.
  11. Disconnect the door trim panel wiring harness.
  12. Remove the door trim panel from the vehicle.

13. Object Number: 617274  Size: SH

14. Use long needle nose pliers in order to depress the tabs on the spring clips.
  15. Slide the black plastic retainers off of the spring clips.

Billy
Billy, Buick Technician
Front Side Door Trim Panel Replacement (late-after VIN YU314736, Y4272436)

Removal Procedure

Tools Required

J 36796 Clip Zip Tool

Object Number: 441757  Size: SH

1. Remove the upper door trim panel (1).
  2. 1.1. Use the J 38778 in order to release the push in retainer at the top of the upper door trim panel (1).
    1.2. Lift upwards in order to remove.
    1.3. Disconnect the wire harness to the tweeter.

Object Number: 667672  Size: SH

3. Remove the inside door handle bezel.
  4. Remove the fastener (1) located in the inside door handle opening.

5. Object Number: 611593  Size: SH

6. Remove the door lamp or reflector.
  7. Remove the fastener located at the rear of the door lamp or reflector opening (2).
  8. Use the J 36796 or the J 38778 in order to release the retainers (3) around the outside edges of the door trim panel (1).
  9. Slide the door trim panel upwards approximately 30.0 mm (1.17 in) in order to disengage the door trim panel from the window inner belt seal strip.
  10. Disconnect the door trim panel wiring harness.
  11. Remove the door trim panel from the vehicle.
Billy
Billy, Buick Technician
This is the diagram for the left front power window.
If you would like to have any other ones, please let me know.

LH Front Door

Object Number: 416347  Size: FS
Billy
Billy, Buick Technician
Is there also a diagram for the window assembly?
Thank you for the accept and the bonus.

Front Side Door Window Regulator Motor Replacement

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 747729  Size: SH

1. Close the window.
  2. Remove the door trim panel.
  3. Peel the water deflector down far enough in order to access the window clamp bolts.
  4. Remove the window regulator (1).

5. Object Number: 508156  Size: SH

6. Remove the power window motor to window regulator fasteners (2).
  7. Remove the power window motor (1).
Front Side Door Window Regulator Replacement

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 428644  Size: SH

1. Remove the door trim panel.
  2. Peel the water deflector down far enough in order to access the window clamp bolts.
  3. Tape the window in place.
  4. Through the access holes in the inner door panel, loosen the window clamp attachment bolts 4 revolutions.
  5. Lower the window regulator 3/4 of the way down.
  6. Disconnect the electrical connector from the window regulator motor.
  7. Remove the window regulator to inner door panel fasteners (1,2,3).
  8. Remove the window regulator.
Billy
Billy
Billy, Buick Technician