Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I did not receive from dealer (Big Number 1,Birmingham) upon…

I did not receive...

I did not receive from dealer (Big Number 1,Birmingham) upon purchace of my Yamaha VX Cruser jet ski, neither an owners manual, nor a maintenace manual, as promised, in sales pitch. I have inquired upon two occasions to sals purson, and he has tried to see if a digital version could be downloaded to me, indicating the have no more copies at dealership. Sales person implies to me I did receive these documents in a purchase close out "package" I have all the documentation I received upon purchase closeout and I done have these two documents.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me more about what's going on?

See previous typings just sent

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

I have not put the jet ski in the water as yet . It's in storage. I dont even know how to put the keys in the ignition to start it. I need the Mantenance manual to know what the break in run times are, when I do put it in the water. And certain safety features for operation.

4/18/2020
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Some dealers certainly are not as good as others, you should have been supplied with them as well as shown all operations of the Yamaha as once completed with purchase the dealer usually goes over with the customer the vehicle and all systems and use. With that said, if your dealer is unwilling to supply these items to you, then the only way to obtain them is going to either be through Yamaha directly or a dealer parts department. In my opinion your dealer shouldn't mind ordering them for you at their cost but that's just my opinion. Double check the storage compartment for the manuals, generally they hand them directly to you. Try reaching out to Customer Relations: (800)(###) ###-####.

They should be able to assist you better with obtaining the manuals.

If you need any further assistance at all please let me know and I will be happy to further assist you.

Have a great day!

- Joe

all true. I went on line to contact Yamaha customer relations for copies. I read the customer feedback/ratings on Yamaha customer relations and so negative I dropped that idea. That’s when I found your advertisement. I’m thinking I should have purchased a Honda.
Yamaha customer services doesn’t list an email contact address, telephone contact only. Do list a snail mail address. I doubt it would ever get answered from other customer feedback. Yamaha website in my opinion is not designed for customer complaints, and Yamaha customer relations is in my opinion ineffective in problem solving. So I should try them anyway, by calling the posted phone number. In Atlanta or California, or Japan ?

Generally they try to push customers through their dealers, you can sometimes have better luck trying to reach out to them via social media such as facebook, by going to their facebook page for instance and messaging them. If you want an electronic copy in the meantime, they do have a website but it does not appear to working right now as well: https://waverunners.yamaha-owners-manuals.com/

Here is a general help page for the watercraft: https://global.yamaha-motor.com/business/waverunner/fanandproper/

Other than that you really only are able to reach out to them with the contact info I provided or by pushing your dealer. Your dealer shouldn't have any problem ordering you a new owners manual.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Thanks Joe for your responses.. So before I contacted Yamaha customer relations and recycled through dealership , I took your level-headed council to -- "Double check the storage compartment for the manuals -- generally they hand them directly to you". I went back to my Jeep and started in the trunk and combed through it ,once again, looking through the pile of accessories I had purchased with the jet ski, and also traylor hitches, maps, tools, etc., typical trunk clutter, and then to the middle row of seats and the front row of seats. Well, tucked down beside the driver's seat was an "Important Papers" binder/folder from Big #1 Dealership,Birmingham AL, just where I had safely tucked it away, obviously, when the salesman handed it to me, last thing before I left the dealership. Not only contained the "missing" manuals, but a copy of the bill of sale, traylor winch operation manual, traylor tire care instructions, and a quick-look plastic card of riding instructions, all the goodies one would expect to receive with the jet ski purchase. I must have been pretty excited over my purchase of the Yamaha Jet Ski, and my brain rattled, to not have remembered this. My salesman, who had efficiently attended to every detail, assured me he had handed off the package to me, upon the two occasions I had discussed manuals with him. And no one but me would have safely hidden the package down beside the drivers seat. I had previously checked out my Jeep and also checked inside the jet ski storage compartments.
So puzzle is solved. I will complete the "Expert Rating." and we can close account. Thanks again for your advice.

You're very welcome, have a great afternoon!

- Joe