Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Dropped off the bottom of a 2001 Suzuki DF50 to change the…

Customer Question
Hi there! dropped off...

Hi there! dropped off the bottom of a 2001 Suzuki DF50 to change the impeller. got the shift shaft out all together... would you happen to know how to get that back in properly?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

So how do I reinstalla Suzuki DF50 2001 shift rod? got that out whilst changing the water pump impeller. i wonder how does the upper part of the shift rod connect to where ever it should?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Boat
6/30/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. That shift rod shouldn't come out, so I have a feeling something broke. Can you send me a few pictures of what you have in front of you so I can see what it all looks like?