Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I’m replacing the trim senders on my alpha one gen 2

I’m replacing the trim senders...
I’m replacing the trim senders on my alpha one gen 2 outdrives. Does the trim limit sender connect to the pump and the trim sender connect to the gauge ? And the wires aren’t marked. Does it matter if they’re inverted?
6/21/2018
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello, this is Jason. In regards ***** ***** wires not being marked. Are you planning on cutting and splicing the wires that go to the old trim senders or are you going to run the wires through the gimbal housing and into the boat?

Through the gimbal housing, but I think I figured it out. The send had a male and female, the limit switch has two male, so it must go to the pump I’m guessing

As your facing the rear of the boat. The trim limit switch needs to go on the port/left hand side. The trim sending unit, for the gauge, goes on the starboard/right hand side. The limit switch goes to the pump. I am attaching a diagram for you, see attachment. Does that all make sense.

Noted, thank you. And im assuming it doesn’t matter on the limit sender connections to the pump if is plug them in one way or another. They’re both black.

Correct, it doesn't matter. The switch is just that, a simple on/off switch. On any switch, switches are not polarity sensitive.

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Interesting. Thank you. I actually didn't know that. I'm not sure if you got the response I sent on the other question page or not, but what I wrote was "no tip came through on my end :( If you can, see if you were billed for that tip. If you are not getting charged for the tip it's one thing, but if you are getting charged for a tip, and I am not receiving it, that is a big problem that I need to get sorted out with Justanswer.?

I did not get charged as of yet, not sure if there’s a delay, but I did respond to her email asking if she can check. Havent received a reponse yet.

Thank you for following up with me on this. Most customers wouldn't be bothered with checking on this sort of thing. By the way, what is your name?

It’s Marc-John, not sure why it comes up as Erik. I figured it out, i have to wait for the website to redirect to PayPal, should show now. I wasn’t letting the page fully load, before sending submit.

Success! It looks like the tip went through just fine. Thanks again Marc-John, I definitely appreciate it.