Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I found another 2017 four Winns Vista 255 this has 10

Hello, I found another...
Hello, I found another 2017 four Winns Vista 255 this has 10 original hours plus a factory installed generator and A/C No bow thruster. They are asking $79,000. What should I offer?
6/20/2018
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, Jason here. Hmmm... What did you get the other boat down to, 59K?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
58k A/C but no generator and 280 hp engine 35 hours on engine. This one is asking 79k A/C, generator, and only 10 hours on boat and comes with a trailer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The sales person said they are looking for mid 70s I was thinking of offering 65k and meet at maybe 68 or 70
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The other thing is the 79k boat has no bow thruster

I am thinking the exact same thing. I would offer 64-65K, which he will probably not accept. He will probably counter offer back at 74-75K. From there I would split the difference and counter back at 69K. At the same time, if this has a trailer, AC, and generator, if you can get this one for 71 or 72K that would still be pretty good.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The sales person said they are moving to the west coast to a shallow canal and have to buy a pontoon

It looks like we posted within 30 seconds of eachother. Did you see my previous response?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think a new boat with a generator A/C and trailer has to be 100K. What do think
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I saw

Yes definitely. NADA prices the boat new at 102,431 without a trailer. With a trailer, used in excellent condition has a book value of 86,040.

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are very welcome.