Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Lowrance Elite 7 HDI - how do I change the "position"

Customer Question
Lowrance Elite 7 HDI...

Lowrance Elite 7 HDI - how do I change the "position" display of Lat/Long to degrees/minutes/seconds - decimal seconds ?? The unit only displays Degrees/decimal minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

Lowrance Elite 7 - Lat/Long only displays Degrees/decimal minutes. How do i change the display to Degrees/minutes/seconds ? Can not find it in the Elite 7 manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

I am not at the boat right now so do not have the unit available to work with. All other GPS type units seem to have the ability to select the 3 formats for Lat/Long.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
6/19/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Look under the Navigation settings menu and go down to Loran. Turn this on to see if this is the type of readout that you are looking for. That is the closest that I can tell to what you are looking for.

OK Charles. I can not find any reference to LORAN in the Elete 7 Manual but I will give it a try later. Thanks, Jon

I actually looked at the Elite TI manual. Going back and looking at the Elite HDI, it does not say that it can do the read out that you are wanting.