Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

It looks like I sucked up a rope in the jet drive. I am

Customer Question
It looks like...

It looks like I sucked up a rope in the jet drive. I am having trouble removing the intake grate bolts. The 2 bolts towards the bow will turn but they don't seem to be coming out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

I have removed the three bolts closer to the stern and they came out just fine the two bolts towards the bow will Spin and they seem to be loosening but they don't seem to be coming out is there a nut or a retainer inside the boat I can't tell I can't see it

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

Now that seems to be all its it looks from looking through the intake grate I can see the very end of a rope but I don't see the Rope sticking out through the outlet Port at the rear of the boat so it's I can't tell you how long it is I don't know I can't get my hand up in there to even try pulling it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Boat
6/18/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote but I do not see any kind of model information. What are you working on exactly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2014 Glastron GTS187 with a ROTAX250hp

Okay I don't work on those. I will opt out and leave your question open to the community.