Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

My CDM module has went out on my boat and I know I need to

my CDM module has went out on my boat and I know I need to replace all 3 of them but the number that is on the part 827509A8 I can not find anywhere I find everyother number have they changed the part and will a 827509A7 or A10 work. It is a 2003 Mercury 75 Hp Outboard
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No

Good morning my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Mercury outboards are cataloged by serial number, and not by year. Do you happen to have your outboard serial number available?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
0T687152

Okay got it. Do you know what the word supercede means?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it goes beyond or excedes

To supercede means to take the place of. On Mercury parts, the actual part numbers supercede all of the time. On your engine, 827509A8 was the original part number for the CDM module. The number has changed/superceded a few times but the current part number is ***** so this is what you would want to order. 827509A7 is actually a different CDM all together, and you do not want that one, you want the 827509A10 part number. Does that all make sense. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further or more specific question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason