Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2011 336 GW canyon twin Yamaha 350s ,,,,an alarm…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 336 GW canyon twin Yamaha 350s ,,,,an alarm goes off when I turn on the perko switches

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

That is all that is going on...when I turn on perko switches an alarm goes off

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Not really

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 day by:
5/31/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Have you read my question? My name is Bob

Check to make sure that the battery cables are connected to the correct post on the batteries and that there are no ground wires going to the switches. Also look to make sure that the battery charger is also connected properly if installed.

Then use a multimeter to test the voltage of the batteries to ensure that it is more than 10V, the engines will not operate on any less than that.

thanks

Your welcome. Let me know what you see there.