Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I was looking for a wiring diagram for a Curtis 1204-002 my…

Customer Question
I was looking for...

I was looking for a wiring diagram for a Curtis 1204-002 my Duffy mechanic is saying it needs to be rebuilt at a huge price but everything on line points to other issues.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

It runs fine then periodically just cuts out sometime you can turn it off and back on and it works sometimes it just works after a minute. From what I read on line it sounds like there is a dead spot some where. It’s aN old Duffy I took it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

The controller out and pulled the case off and the actuators are rusted at the connectors

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Boat
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
My older Duffy boat randomly cuts out and sometime starts right back up sometimes it has to sit for a while then starts back up sometimes you can turn it on and off and it will work
Answered in 2 days by:
6/1/2018
Marine Mechanic: Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast replied 18 days ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your boat question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced,
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Did you still need some help with this?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
but I am out of the country so I don’t have it in front of me but yes I still need support
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I won’t be back in the US until tomorrow evening 6/1

I'll do some research and post back when I find something.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you