Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I purchased a 1978 jet boat with a 460 marine motor and it…

Customer Question
I purchased a 1978...

I purchased a 1978 jet boat with a 460 marine motor and it has the old oil sensor with the small hose(not electrical) and I noticed air bubbles in the dash before connecting to the gauge. Is it giving me a false reading???

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Motor is

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '78 Ford?

Harman Marine Engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Serial # HM7-6467 on plackard. # on block isD9TE-AB

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sorry I type very slow. Yes I will do most of the work.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
5/29/2018
Marine Mechanic: roybelding,
 replied 2 months ago
roybelding

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

this motor don't have any codes . its a 1978
Marine Mechanic: roybelding,
 replied 2 months ago

ok

air in the line is not good. it may be coming from the engine which means something is wrong internally.

the pick up screen cracked, gasket at the pump or pump to block, or low oil level.

there are no codes for mechanical issues.

Roy

can we talk on the phone? my typing is very slow
Marine Mechanic: roybelding,
 replied 2 months ago

sure

Marine Mechanic: roybelding,
 replied 2 months ago

you have an option for premium service request. hit that

is this app telling me i have to pay $26 to talk
Marine Mechanic: roybelding,
 replied 2 months ago

thats the site, not me. that is there charge for phone service requests. I am a sub contractor for the site and have nothing to do with money. I only get a small portion of what the site charges you once you accept my answers.

Roy

Roy ,I believe I'm gonna back out of this. i feeling im being nickle and dimed. Sorry to waste your time
Marine Mechanic: roybelding,
 replied 2 months ago

have a good day

You too brother