Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

When i turn my hook 2 the lowrance comes on, then i get a…

Customer Question
When i turn my...

When i turn my hook 2 the lowrance comes on, then i get a completely blank screen.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

I am not able to see anything past the Lowrance page.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
5/28/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Are you in the water or on land?

Is there a map card installed in the unit?

Where is the transducer installed on your boat?

On land no card installed. Transducer installed in back ready right to emgine

Thanks,

Has the unit ever worked properly?

No

Ok, first make sure that there is actually 12V going to the plug for the unit. If that is good. do a soft reset on it.

With the unit off, press and hold the Pages key, then press and release the power key. Release the pages key when the map of the USA appears.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No help onthis. When I start the lowrance up holding down the pages key, it does appear tostart up. I get a screen toindicate English is the language I use, then another screen appears that displays some other choices. None ever get to me the map of the USA. After that I get a dark screen.
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 month ago

Ok, If there is a map card in it, remove it.

Then with the unit off, press and hold the Zoom in and Zoom out keys, press and release the power key. Release the Zoom keys when the unit boots up. The follow the on screen prompts to set it up.

If after this the screen is still going black, the unit will need to go back to Lowrance to be repaired. Or since this is a newer purchase, perhaps the store you bought it from will exchange it.