Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

We have a searay 240 sundancer. Should the fresh water

Customer Question
We have a searay...

We have a searay 240 sundancer. Should the fresh water holding tank automatically switch on rather than trying to draw from the dock water? We do not get fresh water in the toilet or cabin sinks when not hooked up to dock water.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

That is it. Thanks.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
5/28/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What year is your Sundancer?

2004
online is best for me right now..thanks.

Do you get water to just the galley sink with the dock side hose hooked up.

We get water to everything with the dock side hose hooked up. We do not get water to anything when it is not hooked up even though the fresh water holding tank is full.

Are you turning on the freshwater pump in the boat? (when you are not connected to the garden hose)