Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 97 Kawasaki STX 900 and my gauges are not working.

Customer Question
I have a 97...

I have a 97 Kawasaki STX 900 and my gauges are not working. The trim module is missing the cover and it's a mess inside there. I don't care about the trim but I would like to get the gauges working. From what I've read it seems like I might be missing a ground wire from the battery to the trim but I don't see that wire or where it would go inside the trim module. I'm trying to figure out if I can bypass the trim and get the gauges working and if I do need that wire where it would connect.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 3 days by:
6/1/2018
Marine Mechanic: Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your boat question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced,
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Did you still need some help with this?

I do.

I'm trying to dig up a manual on that ski, it's kind of old and I guess I misplaced it. I'll get back as soon as I come up with it. (Not the most organized shop sometimes....)

OK
Any luck with that manual?