Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Sea ray 220 signature select - mercruiser alarm keeps going…

Customer Question
Hi - sea ray...

Hi - sea ray 220 signature select - mercruiser alarm keeps going off

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

1995 - guy who winterized it was unavailable to get it spring ready - I put muffs on it & hose started it in driveway - ran fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

In the middle of the lake - boat starts, runs, all gauges good, smell gas though

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
5/27/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Mercruiser engines are cataloged by serial number, and not by year. Do you have the serial number on your engine available so I can look it up?

I think the impelller is shot / engine not cooling / headed off lake to mechanic / thanks

You are very welcome. Good luck!