Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I just replaced my hydraulic auto pilot pump with a new pump…

Customer Question
I just replaced my...

I just replaced my hydraulic auto pilot pump with a new pump for my new AP. I have two stations with capilanno 250v pumps at heach helm they have a model 50 univalve in line. I bleed the system as per instructed. Helms work fine but when I check the AP rudder set up the pump goes hard to port and shuts down. I bleed the system again and again when I when to check the rudder it goes hard over to port. Is it my uniflow 50 valve or is it something else. I'm thinking of draining the entire system and taking the univalve apart and cleaning it and seeing if that might be the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 5 days by:
6/1/2018
Marine Mechanic: Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your boat question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced,
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Did you still need some help with this?