Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Battery died need to lift to transport. Battery died not…

Customer Question
Battery died need to...

Battery died need to lift to transport

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Battery died not near anywhere to get battery I know there is a relief valve to LifeLock it manually making sure that works

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Boat
5/25/2018
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

I need to know what engine you have to give you info. Make, model and serial number, please?

Mercury 90 hp serial 0t160678

Look for the large slotted screw # 9 head in the stbd motor bracket towards the bottom. Turn the screw counterclockwise 4 turns. Lift motor and tighten the screw.http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/static/img/COMMON/1935.gif

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

When I do that and get new battery do I need to o anything

No just be sure manual release screw is tight.