Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1993 115hp 2 stroke outboard motor that starts

I have a 1993 115hp 2 stroke outboard motor that starts missing and won't run above 2200rpms. I have replced the fuel pump and filter, the coils, fuel lines and stator and spark plugs. I have cleaned and checked the carburetor.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Who makes this outboard? Do you have a model or serial number on it so I can identify it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Todd yamaha makes the motor model # TXRRV4

H​I Todd, TXRRV4 is not a model number, can you double check that for me? The model number will start with 115 and then have more letters after it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My boat is not here. It will take me about 30 minutes. Will get back to you.

I was actually just about to call you, do you want to hold off on that until you get back?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is what I got. 215TXRR, serial #724369
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not 215 its 115

O​kay got it. I'm just having a little bit of lunch now. As soon as I finish up I will give you a ring.

I ​just called, it rang and rang and nobody picked up. Is(###) ###-####the correct number for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please try avain.

call complete 20 minutes