Boat

Connect one-on-one with a verified marine mechanic who will answer your question

Boat Doc
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

More related answers
All marine mechanics are VERIFIED
I Bought a boat with a Yamaha 225 and cant read the serial
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., marine mechanic
I Bought a boat with a Yamaha 225 and can't read the serial # XXXXX I don't know the year model, or if it is actually a 225, need to find out if there is another way to identify year and horsepower.… read more
honda aquatrax fx12 FUEL SYSTEM (Programmed Fuel Injection)
Kenny O.
Kenny O., marine mechanic
honda aquatrax fx12 FUEL SYSTEM (Programmed Fuel Injection) i bought a 2003 honda from california and now its here in new mexico it has a missfire on take off do to that we are higher up if i need to … read more
1) What year is a Mercury motor (Powertrim" model) with a
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
1) What year is a Mercury motor (Powertrim" model) with a serial number(###) ###-####? 2) What do I look for as faults if I was purchasing this motor ? 3) How good is this motor in reliability ?… read more
What is the year of a outboard motor with model # J15EEIA,
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
What is the year of a Johnson outboard motor with model # J15EEIA … read more
I have a 2002 honda 1200 aquatrax with turbo. I bought at 97
Charles
Charles, Certified Mercury Tech
I have a 2002 honda 1200 aquatrax with turbo. I bought at 97 hrs. It ran fine for 2 months up to about 110 hrs. It then all of a sudden dropped speed to around 15 mph and max of 3850 rpm. No error cod… read more
I have an 8 HP honda boat motor model #BF8AMSC Can someone
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., marine mechanic
I have an 8 HP honda boat motor model #BF8AMSC Can someone plese tell me what year it is ?… read more
i have a 2004 honda aquatrax fx12 turbo charged 3 person jet
Expert, marine mechanic
i have a 2004 honda aquatrax fx12 turbo charged 3 person jet ski. It is not operating normally. The max rpm is 3k and ma speed 12-13 mph. fuel seems fine. when hooked up to a hose it will crank out 68… read more
What is the correct fuel mixture for a Mercury Model 1150 outboard
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Certified Mercury Marine technician
What is the correct fuel mixture for a Mercury Model 1150 outboard motor? Also would like to know what year our motor is. The serial number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN It is a two stroke 115hp.… read more
i have a honda 03 fx12 turbo jetski. the problem it didnt
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Bachelor's Degree
i have a honda 03 fx12 turbo jetski. the problem: it didnt start, i pulled out main 30 amp breaker for 5sec put it back in, engine starts, run for a while, starts couple of times again, and about one … read more
i have a yamaha 1200 waverunner and was told that the servo
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
i have a yamaha 1200 waverunner and was told that the servo motor was bad. What does the servo motor do? Can i run without it? Can I rebuild it myself and how much would that entail?… read more
I have a 30 hp shaft. trying to find the year and model. No
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
I have a Johnson 30 hp long shaft. trying to find the year and model. No tag, has been removed. Freeze plug tag number is ***** … read more
suzuki df 9.9 00991f-861220 is the info on the tag on the motor.
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
suzuki df 9.9 00991f-861220 is the info on the tag on the motor. what year is it and where can i find info/parts thanks chuck… read more
if a motor has compresion and spark but wont start what would
Whitecap36
Whitecap36, Service Manager/Technician
if a motor has compresion and spark but wont start what would you think the problem would be and if its the carby what would you do… read more
Make (of engine) YamahaModel (of engine) XL 1200Year
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., marine mechanic
Make (of engine): Yamaha Model (of engine): XL 1200 Year: 1999 I have a 1999 XL 1200 Limited Jet Ski and need to remove the starter clutch assembly, it is not engaging? do I need to take the motor out… read more
How do you find the year of an Evinrude motor I have the
davesoutboard
davesoutboard, owner
How do you find the year of an Evinrude motor ? I have the model no. 25652E and the serial no. 001409 and where would I find an operators manual for it. Thank you for your time and trouble… read more
How would i find out what year the motor is and the oil/fuel
davesoutboard
davesoutboard, owner
How would i find out what year the motor is and the oil/fuel ratio? The problem with the motor is it runs and fouls out the plugs. Clean or replace them and it runs again. Any suggestions? Thank you. … read more
Hi....I have a 1977 70hp johnson outboard motor that may need
davesoutboard
davesoutboard, owner
Hi....I have a 1977 70hp johnson outboard motor that may need repair. What would need to be replaced or rebuilt for this year motor? What can I expect for cost of repairs.. Scott… read more
I have a Evenrude motor, a 25 hp that I don,t know the year
Captain Dave
Captain Dave, Marine Mechanic
I have a Evenrude motor, a 25 hp that I don,t know the year of. Someone removed the metal tag. How can I find out what year ir is?… read more