Boat

Connect one-on-one with a verified marine mechanic who will answer your question

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

More related answers
All marine mechanics are VERIFIED
I have a 4 hp 4 stroke suzuki outboard boat motor, and it will
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
I have a 4 hp 4 stroke suzuki outboard boat motor, and it will not turn over. I have cleaned the carb, made sure all fuel lines are getting gas, checked and cleaned the spark plug. I have fixed my mot… read more
i have a small boat, with outboard motor of suzuki 149 hp,
K. Kergan
K. Kergan, Inboard/Outboard Mechanic
i have a small boat, with outboard motor of suzuki 149 hp, problem is when its accelerate more than 25 m/hr it vivrates on the lower part. what coud be the problem? if someone can fix it for me, willi… read more
Iam storing my boat that has a 5 HP mercury motor . What do
Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Iam storing my boat that has a 5 HP mercury motor . What do I need to do beforing storing motoer… read more
i wish to take the outboard motor off the boat. how do i disconnect
Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
i wish to take the outboard motor off the boat. how do i disconnect the steering mechanism which is a cable running to the inboard steering wheel… read more
suzuki outboard motor dt75 or dt85, replacing impeller
Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
suzuki outboard motor dt75 or dt85,need to know how to get shifting linkage apart, to get foot off… read more
How do you separate the power head from the bottom section
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Certified Mercury Marine technician
How do you separate the power head from the bottom section on a suzuki DT65 outboard motor. Need to replace the piston rings, no compression.… read more
I have a Suzuki DF 140 outboard motor and I am running into
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
I have a Suzuki DF 140 outboard motor and I am running into overheating problems. It seems that the water pump is not pumping enough water and I rebuilt the pump last night and it still seems to have … read more
I just baught a triumph boat with a 2002 140 suzuki outboard
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
I just baught a triumph boat with a 2002 140 suzuki outboard motor. I tested the motor by connecting the water hose to the motor in the driveway. It started immediately and seem to run fine. When I pu… read more
I am looking for a pair of outboard engines for my boat. How
Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
I am looking for a pair of outboard engines for my boat. How is new Yamaha V6 4.2l 300hp (2011) Reliability? Running cost when comparing to evinrude 300hp (2011)? Which one have more power. Tanawat… read more
I am trying to remove an outboard motor from my boat. What
davesoutboard
davesoutboard, owner
I am trying to remove an outboard motor from my boat. What is the easiest way possible to do this? It is a 1972 Evinrude 115 hp. Does this have to stay upright when removed?… read more
I have a Suzuki DF30 outboard motor on my boat. It will not
ROCKET
ROCKET, MASTER CERTIFIED TECH
I have a Suzuki DF30 outboard motor on my boat. It will not idle and when running open throtle, it will slow down to a non plane speed and stay that way until it put it in idle, then stalls. I start i… read more
Need help in determining if what is wrong is a lost cause.
Captain Dave
Captain Dave, Marine Mechanic
Need help in determining if what is wrong is a lost cause. bought a boat with a 115 hp suzuki outboard. have been doing some work on the inside and getting ready for the lake in early spring. last wee… read more
I have a 2006 Suzuki DF140 outboard motor and need to find
Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician
I have a 2006 Suzuki DF140 outboard motor and need to find out what oil filter to use to change the oil and what kind of oil it takes and how much… read more
i have a 1969 johnson outboard motor on a 1970 ranger bass
Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
i have a 1969 johnson outboard motor on a 1970 ranger bass boat and i need to replace the wiring from the boat to the motor ....whats a guess on how much im going to spend like whats a range on the pr… read more
I am looking to buy a boat. The boat was shut off, and then
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
I am looking to buy a boat. The boat was shut off, and then would not restart. After ~ 30 minutes, the boat restarted (the boat is ~6 years old and EFI), although it took a couple of times to do so; a… read more
I have a old 225hp Suzuki fuel injection motor in my posession.
ROCKET
ROCKET, MASTER CERTIFIED TECH
I have a old 225hp Suzuki fuel injection motor in my posession. I am fitting it to a big boat, but the motor never came with the original harness. I need a wireing diagram for it. It is urgent please.… read more
I have a 1994 v4 140 outboard boat motor. I only got to use
Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine mechanic
Hi, I have a 1994 Johnson v4 140 outboard boat motor. I only got to use the boat about 3 times this summer but it started and ran great every time. I recently went to winterize the boat hooked up the … read more
Please bear with me, I am not familiar with outboard boat motors.
Master Tech
Master Tech, Service Manager/Technician
Please bear with me, I am not familiar with outboard boat motors. I have an Evinrude E90TLCOS showing symptoms of fuel pump failure - pump up the primer bulb, it starts fine, runs for a while, dies - … read more